Tuesday, March 24, 2009

only in our dreams


I should be planning our itinerary. I should be thinking about what snacks to pack for the 12 hour trip. I should be daydreaming of the pictures I will take along the great stretch of monuments on the Mall. I should.

We postponed our trip due to Papa's surprise surgery. Mama was looking forward to finding her book in the Library of Congress. Brandan wanted to measure himself against Lincoln's monument. Aly would be the one to get arrested for plucking the cherry blossoms off of the in bloom trees. But then I realized we all had to many things on our "To Do List" that couldn't be accomplished in the three whole days we were planning to spend (not counting the day to drive out and the day to drive back!)

I guess I should cancel our hotel reservations over at Hotel George. I had myself scrapping that one in my head already! Hmmm...there is no definite date on when we will reschedule, and that makes me sad, but when we do head out to our Nation's capital - I MUST have at least five to seven days! We will be there sooner or later, President Obama!!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Aww. Bummer.That sucks.

Pam said...

Life has this crazy way of changing our plans, huh? I hope you guys can set a date to go back soon and stay longer so you can do everything on your list!!!!