Monday, September 6, 2010

'Twas the night before school started...

...when in a corner of the house, not a kid would it admit it, but everything was laid out! Brand new shoes were sitting side by side, just waiting for the adventures they might see, upon eager fourth and sixth grade feet awaiting the tide. The kids would toss and turn all night not knowing what to expect, with new teachers, new classes, and a bunch of good, old friends! When around about dawn, the great clatter of noise would shriek, "Wake up! Wake up!" dad would say, and both boy and girl would begin to FREAK!Hee hee....mixed emotions abound in this household tonight!
I will never fully adjust to the fact that I am NOT THERE to take their pictures on the first day. Maybe that's how I ended up twisting this out of my head. We are all ready to start another school year...GOSH they go SO fast.
------------------------------
With the back to school racket taking up most of MY time, I haven't been able to stitch a seam or glue a pic. Thank goodness for leftovers from a week and a half ago...I need to give thanks to Pam for sending me some beautiful Studio Calico "Homefront" papers and stickers to work with! I wish the season had not drifted by me so fast, but I can't complain! I was able to knock off just over 40 pages this summer!
--------------------
For all my favorite CPS teachers - KNOCK IT OUT OF THE PARK! Have a great year!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Well, you're welcome:) Hopefully Chato got some pics of the kiddies for you! I remember that night befor first day feeling so well...heck, I DEFINITELY felt it this year for A:)