Tuesday, September 7, 2010

a brand new year!!

Let's GO!
----------------------
This year, more than any other, I can't wait for the kids to come back into my classroom! It has been a while since I have been this excited. This time last year, I had just (barely) moved into my new classroom, we battled the loss of MIL and had just returned back from the services in Mexico. Our house was in shambles due to the water we took into the basement and I was dodging boxes at home and at school all summer long.
------------------------
This year, having a year's worth of NEW experiences and quite a few lessons...I'm back at it and ready to put some plans into action!! I am so grateful for a beautiful classroom to begin with, but the resources I have make me so excited. Can you see......my students will have an ELMO projector with a computer hooked up?! This is an amazing tool! I can work with whole groups of kids for research and presentations! You can also see there are two teacher's desks set up this year. My student teacher and I will be side by side!
My screen is a bit crooked due to the shelf in my classroom library, but I am not fussing, at all.
Not quite ready, here is the RESOURCE center apart from the projector. This area's board will show off Math vocabulary, Science experiments and History projects that change throughout the year. To each side are doors that enter our closet. The left side is where students enter to hang their coats and bookbags. To the right (behind the chains), I created a "teacher resource room" that I closed off with a bookshelf on each side, and aligned all of our NON daily tools for quick reach.
My favorite section of the classroom...
This year, my beautiful, wonderful colleague and I combined efforts to create the "Tree of Great Peace" that is in a comfy corner of the room. I made up some pillows, piled some crates along with a few stuffed animals...and the students will be building on this for a while...adding leaves, burying items, and watching it all take root for our classroom and in our hearts. There are a million and one things I could explain --- tucked away inside these pictures. You'll just have to believe me when I say there is reason behind it all. Each little item has a grand purpose for this grand year.
-------------------
Time to go...Let's get this year started!
WELCOME BACK!

2 comments:

Shel said...

I love ELMO projectors. Man, the things I could have done with one of those in my classroom or the computer lab for that matter! Have a great year!

Pam said...

Awesome! It looks great and so organized!!! I love your enthusiasm and I hope you have a great year!!